[linux-elitists] Contributing to a Project with a Maintainer Who Doesn't Merge Contributions Quickly

Ruben Safir ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Tue Jan 20 16:59:54 PST 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:49:34PM -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> begin Heather Stern quotation of Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 11:35:44AM -0800:
> > > I know there a lot
> > > of projects that are starting with or moving to DVCS
> > > culture, but anyone know of an example in the wild
> > > of DVCS sedition in an existing CVS/SVN-based project?
> >
> > Is this asking for research, or personal anecdotes only?
>
> I wish I could get people to do research for me just
> by asking on a mailing list.  The best I usually get
> is when someone happens to have worked on a related
> project or has a web page about it bookmarked.
> (Which, if you get enough people from different
> backgrounds on the list, is often good.)

Yes - but then your getting bias information and you need to be aware of
that when trying to determine the significance of the reply.

Ruben