[linux-elitists] git and a sysadmin book

Bob Bernstein rs@bernstein.providence.ri.us
Sat Jan 17 11:00:23 PST 2009

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 11:32:02AM -0600, Jeremy Hankins wrote:

> Do you even understand what this view entailed?

Feel better now that you got that out of your system?

Read what I said again and try not to get caught in tunnel vision
on the name "Philipp Frank." I don't need to carry water for any
"positivism" to make my point, and clearly, for the passage cited,
neither does Prof. Frank.

There's nothing outdated about 1) the idea that scientific claims
ought to be tied to observation, at least in some possible,
imaginable, way, and 2) unmasking policy views which masquerade as
would-be factual statements.

Don't mistake the fact that these two projects are *controversial*
as evidence they are "(virtually) dead."

--
Bob Bernstein