[linux-elitists] thermodynamics, and some other ranting Re: git and a sysadmin book

Carl van Tonder carl@supervacuo.com
Fri Jan 16 23:06:56 PST 2009

Rick,

Whilst I agree that the concept is more important than the ins and outs
of language used, in some cases it actually obscures meaning. I have
only the vaguest sense of what Karsten meant (something along the lines
of Sod's Law...), and, whilst I'm not sure mis-using scientific words
(because 'entropy' doesn't really have an everyday meaning) has made me
understand his point less, it most certainly hasn't helped me understand
it more.

Or perhaps I just wasn't reading hard enough.

Carl.