[linux-elitists] SCaLE 7x

Ilan Rabinovitch ilan@fonz.net
Thu Jan 15 02:19:06 PST 2009

Hello,

I know that the list has frowned on repeated posting of local events.
As a result, Ive tried to limit event posting annual events once per
year, rather than repeated regular spamming about smaller regularly
occurring meetings.   I'd like to take this opportunity to let the
elitists know about SCaLE 7x.

SCaLE is a community/volunteer run Linux and open-source conference held
here in Los Angeles.  For our February 2009 event, SCaLE 7x, we have
assembled a program of about 50 presentations, as well as many more BoFs
over the course of the weekend.
(http://scale7x.socallinuxexpo.org/conference-info/speakers). It will be
held February 20-22, 2009 at the Los Angeles Airport Westin, just a free
shuttle ride away from the LAX airport.

Event:  Southern California Linux Expo (SCaLE 7x)
Date:  Feb 20-22, 2009
Venue: LAX Westin Hotel

Other events and mini-conferences that will be taking place at or around
SCaLE will include:
* Women in Open Source
* Open Source Software in Education
* Zenoss Community Day
* Subversion Community Day
* Demonstrating Open Source Health Care Solutions (www.dohcs.org)
* Ubuntu Global Bug Jam (Southern California Meetup)
* Fedora Ambassadors Day North America

Regards,
Ilan

PS In the interest of full disclosure I am Conference Chair for SCaLE
7x, and serve on the DOHCS planning committee.