[linux-elitists] thermodynamics, and some other ranting Re: git and a sysadmin book

Bob Bernstein rs@bernstein.providence.ri.us
Tue Jan 13 23:14:40 PST 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 10:56:54PM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:

> My brief serious point seems to have been misplaced.

Perhaps it was obscured by all the PISSINESS.

> Karsten Self did not, in fact, signal intent to use the formal
> sense of "entropy" from _physics_...

Well, I certainly wasn't going to backtrack and read through
Karsten's post in order to understand your bad mood. I hate these
detours into the philosophy of physics -- I get very depressed and
start to wonder Where It All Went Wrong.

> > But you're not a physicist....
>
> Nor is the discussion about me, current effort notwithstanding.

Life is full of little disappointments. I think on any given day a
discussion of your personality would be far more enjoyable than
the that day's l-e thread!

--
Bob Bernstein