[linux-elitists] thermodynamics, and some other ranting Re: git and a sysadmin book

Bob Bernstein rs@bernstein.providence.ri.us
Tue Jan 13 22:26:20 PST 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 10:43:01AM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:

> Oh, please, do also set us straight on the correct
> interrelationship between Clausius's conception of entropy for
> physics and Shannon's for information theory.  Because we'll be
> so, so much very better off, for your having settled that debate.

This (and the rest of your post) appears to be needlessly pissy.
Is there a "backstory" here, or are you just feeling um pissy?

When physicists get really pissy with each other, which happens
fairly often, they tend to get up on their hind legs and say
things like, "Hey! Don't you know who I am? I'm a goddamn
physicist that's who I am! Who the fuck are you?" Etc.

But you're not a physicist so there goes one excuse for getting
pissy. Ah well I think I'm done here. I'm going to go see what
Bridgman thought entropy "really was". Or not.

--
Bob Bernstein