[linux-elitists] git and a sysadmin book

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Tue Jan 13 02:09:11 PST 2009

Karsten M. Self:
> on Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 10:23:15AM -0600, Jeremy Hankins
> (nowan@nowan.org) wrote:
> > A nit: I don't think you're using the word entropy properly; you
> > seem to want to refer to high potential energy rather than low
> > entropy.
>
> High potential energy *is* low entropy.  Entropy is a measure of the
> randomness, or unordered state, of a system.  A low-entropic system is
> then:  non-random, highly-ordered, with high potential.

Jeremy's point, though, was that low entropy is not necessarily high
potential energy.

--
	01234567 <- The amazing* Indent-O-Meter!             Nick Moffitt
        ^                                            nick@zork.net