[linux-elitists] Spreading Free Software through tangential activities

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Sat Jan 3 10:28:41 PST 2009

On Sat, 2009-01-03 at 03:26 -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Sat, Jan 03, 2009 at 12:26:37AM -0500, Ruben Safir (ruben@mrbrklyn.com) wrote:
> > http://www.cointalk.com/forum/t45705/#post491776
> >
> > You guys need to see this.  It might seem off topic but it isn't and
> > worth a look see.
>
> Why do we need to look at it?  What is it?  How does it relate?
>
> Please look up the word "context" in your dictionary.

This is one of my pet peeves as well. I learned it from Karsten as
"KFC".

KFC == Karsten F**king Context

I sometimes use it twice a day saying "KFC" to the people I work with,
as I'm one of those people everyone goes to. I have to have context to
answer the question many people just ask questions out of the blue.

The CTO made ground rules when talking to *anyone* called the "15 minute
rule" which includes KFC:

If you are stuck for 15 minutes on something, ask someone, but collect
context and detail, then ask the question. It makes the session much
shorter and actually prevents some of the sessions from happening,
because of the collection of context and detail many time *ANSWER* the
question itself.

So... I say to Ruben... KFC?

I say to Karsten; thanks for this *VITAL* term than clarifies things for
me regularly.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05