[linux-elitists] FAT is the new GIF?

Dave Crossland dave@lab6.com
Fri Feb 27 14:22:52 PST 2009

2009/2/27 Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa@redhat.com>:
> On 2009-02-26 at 21:38:57 -0500, Dave Crossland <dave@lab6.com> wrote:
>>
>> Debian, Ubuntu and Fedora (and perhaps OpenSUSE, didn't Novell get
>> that spun out to a non-profit legal structure recently..? I forget)
>> are all run by free-as-in-beer shell non-profits, backed by (in
>> Debian's case, a consortium, and otherwise Canonical and RedHat) large
>> corporate sponsors. GNOME is similar to Debian, with multiple backers.
>
> This is incorrect. Fedora is not run by a shell non-profit.

Sorry, you are quite right; I'd never looked into it and assumed
wrongly that the Fedora Project Board was _part_of_ the Fedora
Foundation, which I do remember being set up, rather than had replaced
it, which I never saw or noticed being announced as such.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundation

Thanks for the clarification :-)