[linux-elitists] FAT is the new GIF?

Marc MERLIN marc@merlins.org
Thu Feb 26 22:20:34 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 03:44:35AM +0000, Dave Crossland wrote:
> > Five years from now, Android will equate to "Google" for many, if not most.
>
> Five years from now, Android might be only available on tivoised devices.

Out of curiosity, what makes you say that?

There is obviously a problem with the radio side which is hard to make free
and open source, but what stops anyone from building a phone today and
putting the open source android bits on it?
For that matter, were you trying to say that efforts like debian on G1s or
jesusfreak's custom android derived images will not be possible in 5 years?

If not, I'm sorry I didn't understand what you were trying to say.

Either way, could you explain?

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/