[linux-elitists] Fuck the cloud, but use it anyway

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au
Mon Feb 2 04:21:15 PST 2009

Teh Entar-Nick <nick@teh.entar.net> writes:

> Ignoring your question about backup tools and strategies for now,

:-)

> there's a movement afoot to formally define what keeps a site from
> being a dangerous walled garden:
>
> 	http://autonomo.us/2008/07/franklin-street-statement/

Seen it but lost it; thanks for the reminder. (Now all I need is for
Ma.gnolia.com to recover so I can save it again.)

> A perfect storm: http://identi.ca/group/fuckthecloud

Interesting. And which identi.ca user should I be thanking for this?

--
 \         “A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of |
  `\                                              five.” —Groucho Marx |