[linux-elitists] HSUPA/HSDPA on Linux

Teh Entar-Nick nick at teh.entar.net
Sat Aug 15 14:46:42 PDT 2009

Eugen Leitl:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 06:27:58PM +0100, Teh Entar-Nick wrote:
> > Eugen Leitl:
> > > and likely to be ironed out by 9.10 coming out in November.
> > November 2009 would be a 9.11 release.  9.10 is an October release.
> Ok, for some reason I've got end Oct stuck in my head as release, so I
> wanted to check it out in November.

Are you worried that the final RCs will somehow magically change between
freeze and release?

Yes, I believe it's scheduled for the very end of October, but if it
were *released* in November that would be reflected in the release
numbers.  Note that Dapper was delayed two months, and was thus 6.06
rather than 6.04 (the original planned release month).

The moment of release is largely a synchronization checkpoint and press
event.  Essentially it's no different from "mv rcN.iso released.iso".
And from what I recall, differences between rc ISOs are typically about
the installer.

--
"If, as they say, God spanked the town
for being over frisky,