[linux-elitists] Module checklist for build-your-own kernels?

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Mon Aug 10 09:44:23 PDT 2009

I've been "ketchup"ing the kernel.org kernels
and building a package, instead of just using the
distribution packages.  Possibly a bad habit, but
I started when tickless wasn't in Debian yet and I
wanted the extra battery life.  And I have a .config
that's almost how I want it for each machine.

Every so often, though, I realize I'm missing a
module and I have to go back and build something.
Does anyone have a script that will take the list
of currently inserted modules, compare to a .config,
and warn if that .config won't build a module that's
actually in use on the system?

http://zgp.org/~dmarti/
dmarti at zgp.org
See you at OpenSource World: August 11-13, 2009 in San Francisco