[linux-elitists] Conference planning

Jonathan Corbet corbet at lwn.net
Tue Apr 28 09:56:35 PDT 2009

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 09:29:27 -0700
Ilan Rabinovitch <ilan at fonz.net> wrote:

> While we offer conference laptops, which are supported
> and tested with the A/V equipment,  most speakers opt to use their own
> laptops.

An aside here: I can understand "most speakers" very well.  I have yet
to give a talk using a "conference laptop" where my slides were not
mangled somehow.  It can be a pain to stand in front of a crowd trying
to make projection work (though my hassles that way have been minimal),
but it's also a *real* pain to have to explain to your audience that
they're supposed to be looking at a nicely-formatted table rather than
the mess that's actually on the screen.

So, yes, I'm one of those speakers who will use his own equipment if at
all possible.

jon