[linux-elitists] Multi-terrabyte filesystems in Linux?

Karsten M. Self karsten at linuxmafia.com
Fri Apr 10 13:19:43 PDT 2009

on Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 03:38:23PM -0400, Evan Prodromou (evan at prodromou.name) wrote:
> Karsten M. Self wrote:
> >The straightforward approach of creating a multiterrabye
> ITYM "terabyte". "Terrabyte" is the SI unit of data size equivalent to
> the entire information capacity of the planet Earth, its atmosphere, and
> major satellites; roughly 300,000 quadrillion terabytes at last estimate.

And you mean to imply Linux lacks this capability?  Evan, I never
thought you were a Microsoft shill!

I'm sure it's in the dev branch.

(Thanks.  Google does me the disfavor of correcting me on this
automatically).

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <karsten at linuxmafia.com>        http://linuxmafia.com/~karsten