[linux-elitists] Multi-terrabyte filesystems in Linux?

Karsten M. Self karsten at linuxmafia.com
Wed Apr 8 17:02:10 PDT 2009

on Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 04:49:12PM -0700, Greg KH (greg at kroah.com) wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 04:14:53PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > The straightforward approach of creating a multiterrabye (in this case
> > ~16 TB) in Linux, under Debian Sarge, doesn't work.  Kernel is
> > 2.6.22-3-amd64.
>
> Um, you do realize that is a kernel that is almost 2 years old now,
> right?  Storage size has gotten much bigger since then, and so has our
> software to manage it.

Thanks, Greg.

Production environment.  In this case we do have the option to go to
Lenny.  I'll update when I've had the chance to do so.

That said, I'm still seeing a shortage of explicit docs on this area,
_including_ docs showing what the specific limitations, versions, and
requirements are.

Some of this I plan on remedying myself directly.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <karsten at linuxmafia.com>        http://linuxmafia.com/~karsten
    Ceterum censeo, Caldera delenda est.