[linux-elitists] Questions for Linus Torvalds?

James Sparenberg james at linuxrebel.org
Tue Apr 7 21:44:41 PDT 2009

Don Marti wrote:
> Just got an assignment from a media site to interview
> Linus Torvalds -- any questions you want asked please
> let me know and I'll try to fit them in.
>
> No, I'm not going to ask "are you going to use GPLv3?"
> or "When do I really have to call fsync(2)?"

Two questions, feel free to wordsmith (others will I'm sure ;) )

1.  With the release of Android, we now have a "version" of Linux that
is not a GNU dominated, Unix like cross platform system.  In fact
T-Mobile seems poised to make it an OS on multiple (Cell Phone/Home
Phone/Netbook) consumer products they sell. What does he see as the
affect of Android on the market place, and Linux as a whole.

2.  Intel Atom vs ARM;  as ARM CPU's are reaching computational capacity
previously only held by i386 and some MIPS systems, what does he see as
the outcome and the future here.  Especially since the OS from Redmond
doesn't run on ARM.

James