[linux-elitists] email address obfuscation considered harmful

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Sep 11 07:40:00 PDT 2008

begin Ben Finney quotation of Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 02:52:09PM +1000:
> Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@impressive.net> writes:
>
> > I'm disappointed to see that not only has my favorite sentence
> > ("Real elitists...") been removed from the current listinfo page,
> > but the archives now munge addresses to "gerald at impressive.net"
>
> Which, if nothing else, is contrary to what the listinfo page
> currently promises:

Configuration error.  This option does not
seem to be in the Mailman web config forms,
but it looks like ARCHIVER_OBSCURES_EMAILADDRS in
/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py should fix it.
Will see how this message comes through, and if it
works I'll rebuild the archives.

--
Don Marti                                               +1 510-814-0932
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/