[linux-elitists] A modest proposal: SSD disk acceleration in kernel.

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Sat Oct 25 14:20:02 PDT 2008

Eugen Leitl:
> I know this was an old hat in 1990s, but this is the time when we can
> actually do it. Smalltalk people wouldn't probably even blink.

Man, that's the CREEPIEST thing about Smalltalk People!  They just
glare, cold-eyed, deep into your soul.  No matter how many times you try
to start a conversation, they NEVER BLINK!

I mean who can forget that Alan Kay keynote where he spent his entire 25
minute session making eye contact with each and every member of the
audience with his left eye, but kept the right trained squarely on the
recording camera?  If you can find a copy, the audience questions
session of that was especially jarring!

I once asked a Ruby core developer what it is that makes Smalltalk
People like that, and he just stood there blinking in stony confused
silence until I walked away.

I'm thinking smalltalk-branded sunglasses at the next conference.

--
"These people program the way Victorians dress.              Nick Moffitt
It takes two hours and three assistants to put on           nick@zork.net