[linux-elitists] A modest proposal: SSD disk acceleration in kernel.

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Sat Oct 25 13:35:46 PDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 09:53:54PM -1000, Jim Thompson wrote:
> Wait, why did you need to run your database on a *raw* partition
> again?   Oh yeah, because its really an object store?

If you want to treat it as such, yes.  If you are a database programmer,
you think you can control the hardware better than the operating system
programmer.  Unfortunatly, being an operating systems programmer, I know
the database programmer is crap, and that we do it better :)

greg k-h