[linux-elitists] "Why I Hate KDE 4"

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 5 02:07:41 PST 2008

Quoting Shlomi Fish (shlomif@iglu.org.il):

> Actually, KMail 3.5.x puts it there whether I want it or not.

Good.  I'm glad the kmail guys have some backbone, and don't pander to
inane "bug reports".

> I tend to delete it manually.

Bad.

> I dislike adding the dash-dash-space from the reasons I mentioned in
> the bug report and in this link:

Once again, Shlomi, who the fsck cares?

It's simply not up to you, and it's not up to me.  Your possession of an
opinion on the matter is (as usual) entirely irrelevant to the point;
ergo I will not bother to address yours.  The point is:  standards
compliance matters.  Go out of your way to be an antisocial jerk, and
you're inherently circling that much closer to people's killfiles.

But please don't take my word for it.  You're perfectly welcome to learn
the hard way.

--
Cheers,                "I'm sorry Dan, what's right isn't always popular,
Rick Moen              and what's popular isn't always right."