[linux-elitists] "Why I Hate KDE 4"

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Tue Nov 4 22:19:22 PST 2008

begin Karsten M. Self quotation of Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 02:36:48PM -0800:

> Shlomi's taken some hits for this post.  His isn't a particularly
> enlightened rant, but I find the genre of stuff that sucks (or doesn't)
> generally useful.

Remember, people: starting a blog does not turn every
other online forum in the world into a place to let
people know that you wrote new stuff on your blog.
That's what RSS and Atom are for.

If you want to promote your blog, just put the URL in
your .sig, so that when you write something on the
list, people will say, "Oh, that person who wrote
something on the list also has a blog," not "Oh,
that person is an ass who posted a teaser message to
the list to try to get traffic to his blog, so that's
one blog I know I can skip."

--
Don Marti                                               +1 510-814-0932
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/