[linux-elitists] "Why I Hate KDE 4"

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au
Tue Nov 4 17:03:53 PST 2008

"Karsten M. Self" <karsten@linuxmafia.com> writes:

> on Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 12:24:10PM +0200, Shlomi Fish (shlomif@iglu.org.il) wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I wrote a rant about why I hate KDE 4 on my blog:
> >
> > http://community.livejournal.com/shlomif_tech/17025.html
>
> Shlomi's taken some hits for this post.

Largely because there was no reason given in the post itself for why
it would be of interest to follow the link.

> Even so, reasoned statements of preferences (positive or negative)
> can be very useful guidance.

Yes, they can be; but the frequency of that occurrence is so low that
“I posted a rant” is a poor indicator of such quality. The barrier
for making a rant worthwhile to read is fairly high, and there was no
evidence of that in the post announcing it. So I found the message *as
presented here* to be useless clutter.

Your message, on the other hand, I found very interesting and relevant
in itself. Thank you.

--
 \     “I got some new underwear the other day. Well, new to me.” —Emo |
  `\                                                           Philips |