[linux-elitists] What would be the proper course of action?for?a possible GPL violation?

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Sat May 17 22:24:36 PDT 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 02:04:16PM +0100, Dave Crossland wrote:
> 2008/5/15 Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>:
> >
> > I'm in the market for a 1U server right now, maybe I'll look into this
> > one...
>
> Did you see http://www.fsf.org/blogs/sysadmin/corebootserver ? :-)

As I do not read, nor really care what the FSF says, I missed this one,
thanks.  Also, I do not share their paranoia about closed source BIOSes
in machines, so using coreboot (the project formaly known as LinuxBIOS)
isn't one of my requirements of a 1U box.

At this point in time, price is the primary one.  A number of us in PDX
are trying to set up a colo co-op, and I gave away all my 4U boxes to
osuosl.org a year or so ago, so I need to find one soon...

thanks,

greg k-h