[linux-elitists] What would be the proper course of action for?a possible GPL violation?

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed May 14 22:24:45 PDT 2008

begin Greg KH quotation of Wed, May 14, 2008 at 09:09:13PM -0700:

> I think the whole userspace application stuff on top of X is closed
> source, and isn't based on any GPL code, other than the kernel and other
> utilities underneath.  So I don't think you are going to get very far.

Well, you could install the board in a machine,
and find that, say, the sound works under the
"proprietary" preloaded distribution but not with a
live CD of an up-to-date Free distribution.

Is there any hardware on the board that works with
the preload but not with a regular distro?

Wireless seems to be from a company that's doing the
Right Thing:
  http://lwn.net/Articles/258591/

--
Don Marti