[linux-elitists] What would be the proper course of action for a possible GPL violation?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au
Thu May 15 02:52:23 PDT 2008

James Sparenberg <james@linuxrebel.org> writes:

> http://www.splashtop.com/aboutus-corporate.php
>
> <snip>
> DeviceVM is releasing its first software product, Splashtop, in
> October of 2007. Splashtop is a proprietary technology developed by
> DeviceVM that provides users with a rapid-start alternative to the
> traditional operating system.
> </snip>
>
> Now before people start calling me alarmist. I'm not trying to raise
> a call to arms, and I do understand business. What I'm looking for
> is the proper method to follow to find the people able to assist
> DeviceVM in working with GPL'd software, and complying with it's
> license.

Another caveat here is that business-speak dudes often use the word
"proprietary" to mean something quite different from what we
software-speak dudes would mean by that word. The above paragraph may
not be making any kind of statement about the license terms.

--
 \     "Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to |
  `\   trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule--and both |