[linux-elitists] What would be the proper course of action for a possible GPL violation?

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed May 14 23:20:53 PDT 2008

Quoting Karsten M. Self (karsten@linuxmafia.com):

> You could post an inquiry as to which GPL v2 term applies to any GPLd
> sources in the product, such as the Linux kernel, and whether you could
> receive your (3)(b) machine-readalbe sources.

...bearing in mind Greg's point that "GPLd sources in the product" _may_
easily in this case be the empty set, especially if it's just userspace
software.
--
Cheers,             The genius of you Americans is that you never make
Rick Moen           clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid moves