[linux-elitists] What would be the proper course of action for a possible GPL violation?

James Sparenberg james@linuxrebel.org
Wed May 14 19:55:05 PDT 2008

All,

   As some of you may have seen on slashdot there is an announcement that all
asus mobo's will in the near future contain built in splashtop Linux desktop.
Being the curious monkey I am.  I go to the site and start looking for
packages and source.  Just to see what it is I'm dealing with.

  Not only am I not finding a path to source, but I saw this page and the
following paragraph contained within.

http://www.splashtop.com/aboutus-corporate.php

<snip>
DeviceVM is releasing its first software product, Splashtop, in October of
2007. Splashtop is a proprietary technology developed by DeviceVM that
provides users with a rapid-start alternative to the traditional operating
system.
</snip>

Now before people start calling me alarmist.  I'm not trying to raise a call
to arms, and I do understand business.  What I'm looking for is the proper
method to follow to find the people able to assist DeviceVM in working with
GPL'd software, and complying with it's license.

Suggestions?

James