[linux-elitists] Deploying server apps with git hooks?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au
Mon May 5 15:57:33 PDT 2008

Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org> writes:

> Is anyone using a git repository with an appropriate hook script to
> deploy a server-side application?
>
> You could do something like "git push staging" or "git push live" on
> your own repository, and a hook on the server takes care of checking
> out and deploying the software, and running any necessary init
> scripts.

It seems like "puppet" <URL:http://puppet.reductivelabs.com/>
addresses this problem, or something close enough to be useful.

--
 \             "Today, I was -- no, that wasn't me."  -- Steven Wright |
Ben Finney