[linux-elitists] Portable music player?

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Sat Mar 15 15:36:22 PDT 2008

I now have enough no-laptop time in my day that I can
justify getting some kind of portable media player.
I'll have some podcasts coming in as MP3, plus my
collection of ripped or Creative Commons music which
is all Ogg or FLAC.

Jon Corbet points out...
  http://lwn.net/Articles/272778/
that there's nothing on the market right now that will
run Rockbox, and I'm not really in the mood to crawl
through auction sites and garage sales for a vintage
iRiver H340, nice though I'm sure it is.

So is it "Dude, you're getting an N800" time?

JK Audio is coming out with a Bluetooth mic preamp:
  http://jkaudio.com/bluepack.htm
which might mean that in the future I could use the
N800 as a portable recorder too.  But for now I just
need a way to play stuff.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/