[linux-elitists] Brett Glass speaks out against Net Neutrality

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Thu Jul 31 09:30:11 PDT 2008

I mistaken top-posted and sent a reply only to Nick...

Of course, my excuse is: I was drunk on laughing at Brett Glass.

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 15:56 +0100, Teh Entar-Nick wrote:
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/29/AR2008072902077.html
> > Lariat, a small provider of wireless broadband service in Laramie,
> > Wyo., blocks any use of direct file sharing -- called peer-to-peer --
> > because such traffic overwhelms the network, the company said.
> >
> > "If we didn't do this, we'd go out of business," said Brett Glass,
> > Lariat's owner.

NO WAY! Not the Brett "BSD licensing is the only way to support
business, henceforth the GPL is EVUL" Glass from days of yore and
associated with InfoWorld!?

Interesting, he is *STILL* all for things that force/cause other people
to give up stuff to satisfy his own needs.

Of course: YMMV

BWAHAHA

Where is Nic Petreley when you need him to slap Brett Glass down again!
Better yet, where is Sandy Reed to save the day with "NT is the
FOOCHUR!" mantra.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05