[linux-elitists] Defective By Design

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Sat Jul 26 16:14:41 PDT 2008

Quoting Aaron Porter (atporter@primate.net):

> Is it just me, or is it the FSF that seems to have gone defective?
> Their latest anti-iPhone campaign[1] crosses some lines I'm not too pleased
> with. They're urging people to setup a meatspace denial of service attack
> against the "Genius Bars" in Apple Stores world wide in an effort to
> educate Apple about [how] its product is "restricting your freedoms".

The FSF go through recurring cycles of either being spot-on in their
public actions or making you shake your head.  It probably depends on
volunteer staffing.

The initiative you cite appears to be that of Matt Lee, "Chief Webmaster
for the GNU Project and Campaigns Manager at the Free Software
Foundation".

http://mat.tl/ee/
http://groups.fsf.org/index.php/User:Mattl
http://www.advogato.org/person/mattl/