[linux-elitists] Elan Digital Systems devices...

Karsten M. Self karsten@linuxmafia.com
Fri Dec 12 14:14:48 PST 2008

on Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 11:59:53AM -0800, Greg KH (greg@kroah.com) wrote:

> I'd strongly recommend anything from Sierra Wireless.  They fully
> support Linux for all of their devices, have a kernel developer working
> for them that maintains the in-kernel driver, and respond very quickly
> to bug reports.
>
> They also do nice things like package up newer versions of the drivers
> for older distros, if you are stuck using something like that.
>
> In short, they really understand the kernel development process and have
> contributed greatly to the overall advancement of getting these types of
> devices working and supported on Linux.

Any chance there's a (partial, incomplete, dated...) list of similarly
clueful vendors out there?  That's a strong endorsement, from someone I
respect (yeah, you Greg KH), and it's absolutely the sort of behavior
I'd like to encourage.

Peace.

    Ceterum censeo, Caldera delenda est.