[linux-elitists] updating my disclaimer page

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Fri Dec 12 12:57:11 PST 2008

I seriously have to do a real disclaimer page on
my personal site.  But it's going to be fairly
long now.  As most of you probably know, I'm not in
the Mainstream Media any more.

Updates:

1. I'm now a (most of the time) book editor for No
Starch Press.  Looking for freedom-loving authors
who want to exercise one or more of the following
Documentation license; book laid out in LaTeX with
make; editing process done in a git repository; about
a freedom-loving topic.  (No, it doesn't have to be
all of those.)

2. I'm the Conference Chair for OpenSource World,
which used to be LinuxWorld Conference and Expo.
Again, looking for freedom-loving people to speak,
exhibit, run a BoF, whatever.  Much of the bad stuff
you have heard about this event has already been gone
for a while, including most of the boring product
pitch talks from marketing people and the draconian
no-press-passes-for-bloggers-or-community-sites
policy.  Of course, mail me if you need something
else fixed or changed.  (No, we can't change the
name to "SCALE North."  But we can pretty much have a
linux-elitists conference inside LWCE if we're smooth
about it.)

3. I'm also doing some contract projects, including
one for Coraid, makers of capacious (and heavy)
boxes which implement the freely licensed ATA over
Ethernet specification.

Anyway, if I run my mouth about something it's just my
personal opinion unless I specifically say otherwise,
but I need to get my potential sources of bias posted.

--
Don Marti                                        +1 510-814-0932
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/                          +1 510-332-1587 mobile