[linux-elitists] netconsole module - kernel dmesg-over-network logging

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Thu Dec 11 15:40:10 PST 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 02:38:22PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> This is an old-but-it's-new-to-me feature I've just discovered.  The
> existing docs are sufficiently not-quite-clear that I thought I'd take a
> stab at it here.

Why "here"?  Why not submit changes to the in-kernel documentation if
you feel it should be cleared up?

> The netconsole kernel module was introduced in 2001 and has since been
> ported to the 2.6 series kernels.

"since"?  I think it was there around 2.5 or maybe 2.4 days.  In other
words, years ago...

thanks,

greg k-h