[linux-elitists] Per-user network up and down scripts

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au
Sun Dec 7 23:23:45 PST 2008

Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com> writes:

> If you indeed need to have CPU and RAM on a machine remote from you,
> then clearly you should logically be comparing remote-graphics
> mechanisms.

Right. Which is why, upstream, I asked for alternatives when Teh
Entar-Nick said:

> […] remote X11 is the worst form of network-transparent graphical
> rendering we have in Linux

I continue to wait for Nick or others to weigh in with other options
they consider less bad for that job than remote X11.

--
 \           “It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us in |
  `\    trouble. It's the things we know that ain't so.” —Artemus Ward |