[linux-elitists] Per-user network up and down scripts

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Sun Dec 7 22:06:58 PST 2008

Quoting Teh Entar-Nick (nick@teh.entar.net):

> I'm sure you can always fall back to one sentence you used that has the
> effect of an "I'm not $FOOist, but???" apology, but you can't fault
> readers for hitting a few paragraphs of sucks/rules opinions and
> interpreting it as you speaking generally for the world.

One truly snide way to respond to all of this would have been "You are
'college freshman who's just found Usenet', and I claim my five pounds."

But misunderstandings _are_ legion on the 'Net, so this is undoubtedly
just one of those things.  (On the third hand, it seems odd for
commentators' knees to jerk at "elitism" here, especially when said
"elitism" consisted only of an expressed reluctance to run software of
questionable necessity.)

--
Cheers,              "There once was a man from Nantucket,
Rick Moen            who lost his .sig in a bucket.