[linux-elitists] Per-user network up and down scripts

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au
Fri Dec 5 17:12:33 PST 2008

Teh Entar-Nick <nick@teh.entar.net> writes:

> Rick Moen:
> >     In my world, automounters tend to cause more trouble than they
> >     merit.
> >
> > Ah, that must have been the problem. Need to use massively more
> > underscores in the future.
>
> Or maybe choose a turn of phrase that doesn't sound like "on the
> Earth where I live, like a sensible person."

I'll chip in another vote for interpreting the above phrase that way
in Rick's message. From that the whole “I'm telling you how it really
is as opposed to what you believe” perception follows.

> > I'm joking, of course. Network transparency in X11 is appreciated
> > _only_ by diehards who actually understand the concept of
> > modularity.
>
> (and who don't mind the fact that remote X11 is the worst form of
> network-transparent graphical rendering we have in Linux)

Is that in the “apart from all the other forms” meaning of “worst”?
Or do you recommend a replacement for my current XDMCP session? I'd
love to know of better options (especially if they're an ‘aptitude
install foo’ away in Debian Lenny).

--
 \     “The illiterate of the future will not be the person who cannot |
  `\      read. It will be the person who does not know how to learn.” |