[linux-elitists] Per-user network up and down scripts

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Fri Dec 5 14:48:15 PST 2008

Quoting Greg KH (greg@kroah.com):

>  stop the whining

Get a grip, Greg.

> it's pointless

My detailing how I deal with routine situations is "pointless", while
you doing the same thing is what?  A fireside chat from the burning
bush?

As people here in California say, "Thanks for sharing".

> Actually it's quite common on a print server, which would be that
> network printer device there :)

Printers not having their own NICs?  How barbaric.  Using the phrase
"network printer" to mean a non-network printer that had not previously
come to mind.

> Have you not visited a trade show recently?

No, Unc'a Greg.  I'm fresh off the boat.  Please describe the
ever-exciting IT industry for me.  I'm sure it's super-keen.

> But you originally started ranting about HAL and automounters as if no
> one needed them at all.                                       ^^^^^^^^

Some lessons could probably help that reading-comprehension problem, you know.