[linux-elitists] Per-user network up and down scripts

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Thu Dec 4 09:01:19 PST 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 04:11:00AM -0500, Ruben Safir wrote:

> How do you get them into user space and there is no standard command
> line tools of either HAL
> or D-Bus

You can write simple python scripts to listen to, and react to dbus
messages, try doing that.

> I'll be darn if I can figure how to do this without nautalus, and not
> just the network but also usb drives
> Its harder now than it was 5 years ago.

Well, we do a whole lot more things than we did 5 years ago now, the
world doesn't stop getting more and more complex.  You're free to go
back and use your 5 year old distro if you want to :)

good luck,

greg k-h