[linux-elitists] More fun with git: etckeeper

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Sun Apr 6 21:23:11 PDT 2008

begin Rick Moen quotation of Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 10:53:21AM -0700:

> So, what git tutorials should I sink into, these days?

Except for hooks, I still don't use any git
functionality that isn't covered in here:
  http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/tutorial.html

This talk by Randal Schwartz is helpful:
  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3999952944619245780
  (no, Gnash is not happy with it yet, although
  I'm watching a YouTube video with Gnash right
  now and it works fine.  And Dmitry is still free.)

Brian Tanaka likes the PeepCode screencast:
  https://peepcode.com/products/git
  http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/040208-git-screencast.html

We're planning a Git talk and a DVCS BoF at LWCE.
(Podcast interview with the scheduled speaker, here:
http://www.linuxworld.com/podcasts/linux/2008/040308-linuxcast.html
)

And, yes, passes to the git talk will be available
to all dot-org booth volunteers.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/