[linux-elitists] How is it possible to have a dual licensed Linux Distro.

Jim Thompson jim@netgate.com
Tue Sep 4 13:31:58 PDT 2007

Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Jim Thompson (jim@netgate.com):
>
>> I think this was more to the point:
>> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=118836617815218&w=2
>>
>> Of course, in this case, Reyk's code (which is clearly based on Sam
>> Leffler's "HAL", if you can read both source bases) is being stripped of
>> its "dual license" and being put GPL-only.
> [...]
>
> I'm extremely unclear on the relevance of your claim to Vyatta's Open
> Flexible Router distribution.

Vyatta keeps its source in git:
http://www.vyatta.com/twiki/bin/view/Community/SourceCodeAccess

> Alternatively, are you simply hijacking James's thread, and changing the subject?  I don't mind; I'd just like
> us to be clear on that.

yes, I was hijacking the thread, but I still think the situation with
OpenBSD/Theo/Reyk/Leffler is more relevant.