[linux-elitists] Gentoo, linux users too can be racers

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Sun Oct 28 22:46:18 PDT 2007

<quote who="Marc MERLIN">

> That said, what distro it was is irrelevant: it's been modified/overlayed
> so much, that whatever the base distro was, doesn't matter much anymore.

That's probably a fairly reasonable argument *for* Gentoo, being malleable
and composable to an extent that is not offered by most other distributions.
Not my cup of tea, but the dose of reality does seem to apply. :-)

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008

   "I think we agnostics need a term for a holy war too. I feel all left
                            out." - George Lebl