[linux-elitists] Gentoo, linux users too can be racers

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Sun Oct 28 21:22:46 PDT 2007

On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 08:46:32PM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> > > Gentoo! (sorry couldn't resist.)
> >
> > Hey! I resent that.
> >
> > I'm a Gentoo user and my laptop here has been going strong since 2005-08-05.
> > I've yet to boot up a CDROM and mash the "upgrade" button.
>
> Sorry, if you use Gentoo, we have to make fun of you. It's just the law.
> We don't have to be rational, or have a good reason, we just do.

Ok then, go ahead, make fun of me using Gentoo :)

Or ETrade, make fun of them.  They run their whole infrastructure on
Gentoo.  When this was pointed out to one of their competitors who also
uses Linux, the response was, "Those ETrade guys are just too damm
smart..."

Think about that next time you do a stock trade using them...

thanks,

greg k-h