[linux-elitists] Mailman Must Die

James Sparenberg james@linuxrebel.org
Fri Oct 26 13:47:06 PDT 2007

On Friday 26 October 2007 08:38:08 Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Marc MERLIN (marc@merlins.org):
> > But if your attitude to coding is "I'd rather rewrite all this than
> > soiling my eyes and hands looking at someone else's code", that's not a
> > very good way to get hired anywhere as a coder, and even if you are super
> > brilliant, you end up being a DJB that people snicker at with "that guy
> > thinks he's so bright that he had to write his own libc" (instead of
> > fixing/wrapping the few problematic pieces of them, and in the case of
> > reasonable maintainers, contributing the code back).
>
> Come the Revolution, when we're all running djbnix, Marc, you're going
> to be in _serious_ trouble with the commissars, I hope you know.

Rick, and others,

   It's hardly fair that ya'll aren't here to help me clean up the mess on my
computer.  I see you mentioning "DJB's and djbnix" and start wondering what
the heck... so .. I head of to my usual helper, search engines.  Much to my
surprise the individual that this refers too, combined with my love of qmail
and I've managed to spray my screen with coffee...

James