[linux-elitists] Mailman Must Die

Justin Mason jm@jmason.org
Fri Oct 26 05:36:05 PDT 2007

Shlomi Fish writes:
> On Friday 26 October 2007, Rick Moen wrote:
> > Quoting Teh Entar-Nick (nick@teh.entar.net):
> Of course eskimo.iglu.org.il was old and a bit dysfunctional, so one can
> expect that on most modern functional systems it will run better. The new
> version uses Template Toolkit for its web-site templates so it should be
> pretty nifty.

hmm.  if you ask me, TTK is a little overdone -- I found it was
responsible for some nasty performance problems when I used it -- turns
out it was calling the time() syscall every time it expanded a template :(

> Aside from that, there's also Siesta:
>
> * http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2004/02/05/siesta.html
>
> * http://search.cpan.org/dist/Siesta/
>
> As Perl applications go, it tends to have quite a few CPAN dependencies.

There's also Ask Bjoern Hansen's CNNTP, http://www.nntp.perl.org/about/
which builds on jim winstead's Colobus, which builds in turn on ezmlm.
Also quite a few dependencies, totally undocumented, and relies on DJB
code, but looks intriguing. ;)

--j.