[linux-elitists] Mailman Must Die

Marc MERLIN marc@merlins.org
Thu Oct 25 21:26:33 PDT 2007

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 11:50:31PM -0400, Aaron Sherman wrote:
> Ruben Safir wrote:
> > How hard can it be to pasrse a little text securely?
> >

> I'm sure Eric Allman asked that question once....

Quite frankly, I snicker when I see people spit on mailman, when it's one of
the least sucky MLMs out there.
It's not perfect of course, but writing a good MLM is a lot more work than
most people think

It's just like when Linus said "it can't be that hard to rewrite bitkeeper".
It's true that it may not be as hard as Larry may say it is, but it's also a
lot harder than people think.
Even Linus will admit now that it was a lot more work than he thought.

But eh, it's easy for one to criticize before one has written the said code.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/