[linux-elitists] Mailman Must Die

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Thu Oct 25 16:33:30 PDT 2007

Aaron Porter:
> 	Ah, the joys of mailman. When list footers are enabled, mailman
> eats the original Content-Type and picks a new one. Works wonders on
> format=flowed messages too.

*sigh*.  Has anyone found a suitable replacement?  Between the
hideousness of pipermail, the idiocy of Mailman Day, the absurdity of
the "require admin approval to unsubscribe" option, and the complete
break-your-upgrade nature of the pre-install scripts ("WTF?  You
actually USE Mailman?  Well I'd better bomb out and kill your upgrade
NOW until you throw away the whole queue!").... It's just not worth
keeping around any more.

So far the only thing I've looked at casually is Enemies of Carlotta.
Are there any other contenders?

--
BitKeeper, how quaint.                         Nick Moffitt
                -- Alan Cox                   nick@zork.net