[linux-elitists] [ruben@mrbrklyn.com: Re: FW: Ruben Safir - Computer Misuse]

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Thu Oct 25 01:19:59 PDT 2007

Ruben Safir:
> Also, the fact that this machine crashed had nothing to do with me.
> That might not be aparent from the letter and the response, but as a
> fact, I was checking out of my shift when the machine crashed, a
> machine that was badly needed for production that day.  The normal
> thing was to just to call IT and have them return it in 48 hours,
> which was a terrible burden on the Pharmacy team.  So ***with their
> permision*** I took my own time out to help fix the machine, calling
> them and telling them every step I was doing and getting prior
> authorization.
[...snip...]

So it sounds like you did just about everything right up until you got
the mail from the higher-ups, and decided to scream and rant like a
child at an organization that was obviously engineered to punish that
sort of behavior.  Instead of working patiently with the various parties
and at least _appearing_ to give ground (so that everyone could save
face), you just spat in their faces and called the spittle Linux.  You
set any attempts at reform within that organization back by several
years.

Next time you find yourself in such a situation, I recommend meditating
on this HOWTO, and taking its advice to heart:

	http://zgp.org/~dmarti/linuxmanship/

--
Man, I love how everyone is like "In my blog, which is       Nick Moffitt
a blog on the Internet, which you all may be interested     nick@zork.net