[linux-elitists] Mail user agent (was: The North American Free Software Conference: Freedom-IT)

Aaron Burt aaron@bavariati.org
Tue Oct 23 11:59:43 PDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 02:16:13PM -0400, Ruben Safir wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 10:56:46AM -0700, Aaron Burt wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 10:56:32PM -0400, Ruben Safir wrote:
> > > I won the N800 from Nokia in Manhattan when it was introduced.  It was
> > > bricked in about 48 hours.
> >
> > Did you get it fixed, or get your money back?
>
> I won it for free but others I know who have had the same problem
> have not gotten any refunds.

Did you reflash?  If not, I'd be glad to, erm, dispose of it for you.

> > Incidentally, I'm sorry to hear about your run-in with the Blunt
> > Instrument of Massive Stupidity.  It sounds like someone decided to
> > throw you in front of the train to protect their own incompetent ass.
>
> No doubt.  I was puzzled as to why.  It was like he felt threatened by my
> background which I was really only being helpful with.  More to the point, on
> that day, I checked every step with them before doig anything.  The machine
> was broken when I started.

I doubt this helps, and I'm only guessing but...
You were a threat because you were obviously knowledgable enough to make
him look bad.  By repairing the pharmacy computers, you were (in his
eyes) trying to set him up for a fall.  So he had to strike quickly and
hard to save his own ass.  He may've used up some favors there.

For some people, it's *always* politics.

--
If a politician fixes a problem then he loses it as a campaign issue.
But if he makes the problem worse while heroically fighting against